Your children’s safety on the schoolyard is very important, so we must insist that all our parents follow the Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures carefully.
Staff members on yard duty must supervise the safety of the students for which they are responsible so we ask that parents not interact with staff members while they are on duty, since it may distract them from their supervision.
- Staff members and parent volunteers are on duty to insure the safety of the children.
- It is crucial that all adults who pick up and drop off students treat staff and volunteers respectfully when directed to follow safety rules by refraining from yelling, name calling, and gesturing inappropriately.
- It is unacceptable for such behavior to exist on our school grounds and works against the environment we strive to provide for the children at SPS.
- Failure to follow these requests will be handled by administration.
The parking lot play area is off limits to vehicles until five minutes before school dismissal.
After 8:00am and 5 min before dismissal,
(including staff and parents doing work at the school) should enter the schoolyard.
Morning Drop-Off Procedure
- Please pull all the way up to the middle school classes to drop off your children.
- Parents should not get out of their cars to help children with backpacks, etc.
- Staff members and volunteers are on car duty to assist children and ensure their safety.
- Upon leaving the car, students are to go directly towards their class line or into the school building on rainy or extremely cold days (walking behind their car).
- Please follow directions and show respect towards the teachers and safety patrol children.
- Do not leave the car motor running when you are parked in the proper area and out of the vehicle.
- Please exit the back lot and slowly - not more than 5 mph, and turn right only onto Church Lane.
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedure
- Do NOT block exit lanes, do NOT park in driveway before gates are open
- Vehicles will enter and form three rows
- Please pull up as close to the end of the main building as possible before parking.
- Park directly behind the car in front of you.
- Do NOT pass other cars driving in exit lanes
- Parents and authorized adults picking up student do not get out of their cars to get children
- Volunteers and students on traffic duty will bring your children to you.
- Once children are in the car, carefully pull out into the traffic lane, and proceed to the exit gate.
- Never drive faster than the posted speed limit of 5 mph while on school/parish grounds.
- Any child still in line 15 minutes after dismissal will be signed into Play Station Extended Care automatically and parents will be billed for the time.