Silent Auction Guidelines
- Silent auction tables will be open for bids from the start of the Gala.
- Guests are to write their bidder number and the amount of the bid on the bid sheets.
- Each new bid is entered below the previous bid.
- Bids can be made in any amount so long as it is more than the previous bid, and the minimum bid requirement is met.
- Bid sheets and Items cannot leave the auction tables during the auctions. Designated volunteers will be responsible for transporting them to the item collection area for pick up at the end of the evening.
- Announcements will be made prior to tables closing. Continue to check on the items you have bid on to ensure you get the items you’re after!
- Once a table is closed, there will be no more bids accepted for the items on the table.
- The highest bid at the table at closing time will be the winning bid. No bid will be accepted after the table closes.
- Before leaving for the evening, please pay for your winning items at the payment table, before proceeding to the item collection area.
- All auction items must be paid for at the end of the evening.
Live Auction Guidelines
- Live auction begins at 7:00 pm.
- To enter a bid, a guest raises their bidder number, directing the signal to the auctioneer.
- Bids must be made promptly.
- The highest bid acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the winning bid. Disputes between bidders shall be settled by the auctioneer, which may include re-bidding the items.
- At the signal from the auctioneer, title will pass to the highest bidder who thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility for the item. Payment in full is mandatory before leaving the Gala.
- In the event of a dispute, the auction chair shall determine the winning bid.
Additional Auction Information
- There will be absolutely no refunds.
- Auction items are donated by family and friends of St. Paul School and may not be exchanged.
- All auction items are "as is". St. Paul School makes no warranties or representations with respect to any item or service sold.
- Some auction items may have restrictions. Please read all materials carefully before bidding on an item.
- Values for some items are estimates only and are not warranted by the school for tax purposes or for general value.
- Consult your tax adviser as to the deductibility of any contributions.
- All auction items won must be paid for and removed at the close of the evening.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Make checks payable to St. Paul School.