Directions for applying online: Video here
The next step: Help with online registration: Video here
Admission Application Process - for NEW Families applying for Preschool, TK - 8th grades.
Exception: Current SPS Preschool students enrolling in TK or Kinder must submit an Admission Application.
St. Paul School is co-educational and accepts qualified students regardless of race, color, religion, or ethnic origin. Admission decisions are based upon the space available and an evaluation of the suitability for each student. All applicants are given equal consideration for enrollment with the exception of the qualified siblings of current students who may receive priority consideration. St. Paul seeks to create an optimal developmental environment for all students.
Kindergarten age students must be the age 5 by September 1st. Students who will be age 5 between September 2 and January 15 can enroll into our Transitional-Kindergarten class prior to their year in Kindergarten. Children who are 3 years, 6 months by September 1 are eligible to apply for Preschool.
1. TOUR – If you did not attend our Open House, we request all prospective parents call our Office to schedule a tour of our school before completing an Admission Application. A tour will give you an opportunity to observe our classrooms, see our facility and have questions answered about our programs. Please note that tours and observation sessions are for parents only.
2. APPLICATION – A completed online Admission Application, a photo of your student, plus a non-refundable $40.00 application fee are required for each student seeking admission. Instructions for completing an online Admissions Application can be found on our website: www.st-paulschool.org. Click on the ADMISSIONS tab, then go to Admissions Process.
Although we accept applications any time throughout the year, for optimum consideration for the upcoming school year, please submit your child’s application as soon as possible. Our classrooms have a maximum size of 27 students and fill up quickly.
3. TRANSCRIPT/TEACHER RECOMMENDATION – Parents of students entering grades 1- 8 should provide a copy of the latest report card. This information is necessary to make your child’s application complete.
4. STUDENT EVALUATION and PARENT INTERVIEW – Parents should call the Office to schedule a date and time for their student’s evaluation/parental interview once SPS has received:
- A completed Admission Application form and application fee;
- A copy of your child’s latest report card and Parent Questionnaire.
The Kindergarten and/or middle school (6
grades) Evaluation & Parent Interviews are scheduled for
February 11, 2017
, from 9:00 – 10:30 am and
March 3, 2017
from 4:00 – 5:30 for those entering kindergarten.
Students will be assessed primarily in the areas of independence, concentration, language skills, physical development, and behavior. While the student is being evaluated, parents will be interviewed by the Principal and hear about the philosophy of St. Paul School.
You will receive a call one week prior to AND the day before the evaluation date to confirm the appointment. If you do not confirm, the teacher is not obligated to be at school to test your child. If you do not cancel the evaluation appointment 24 hours prior, you will be billed $10.
: Parents of prospective students are required to attend a group interview prior to acceptance. Preschool interviews will be held on
February 8, 2017
6:30 - 7:30pm. Please contact the office to reserve your seat. This is for parents only.
– After the student evaluation and parent interview, you will be notified of the admission decision by phone within 24 hours. Within a week a formal acceptance letter will be sent by mail. Admission decisions are based on the outcome of the student evaluations and parent interviews. Enrollment contracts are offered on a space-available basis. We admit a maximum of 27 students to our classes
– Once your child has been accepted, please contact the Office to schedule a Shadow Day for your child. We require at least a one-week notice (e.g, you will not be able to just show up to schedule a “Shadow Day” for the same day.).
Children entering Preschool and grades TK – 5
will attend a Shadow Day from 8:00am – noon. Children entering grades 6 – 8 will attend a full day of school. The purpose of the Shadow Day is to see if your child is comfortable with the academic and social environment at St. Paul School. It also familiarizes your child with potential classmates so he/she is more likely to have a good learning experience. In addition, it allows the teacher an opportunity to further observe your child in a social and academic environment over a longer period of time, and see how your child interacts with his/her peers and in different circumstances.
Parents should send a snack with their child for a half-day Shadow Day as well as a lunch if the child will be at school the entire day.
– Only available for TK – 8
grade. If you plan to request financial aid from St. Paul School, F.A.C.E and/or the BASIC Fund you will need to fill out a
FACTS Financial subsidy application
. Applications will due
. For more information, including current due dates, you may check our website under the Admission tab or by going directly to FACTS/F.A.C.E or BASIC Fund websites:
The BASIC Fund website
If you are requesting financial aid from St. Paul School after the March FACTS deadline:
- Please make an appointment with the office to speak to the Principal regarding your request.
- Fill out a Financial Questionnaire.
- Bring a copy of your income tax form for the past year and a current pay stub when you meet with the Principal.